1 post tagged chrubuntu
If you have an ARM Chromebook with 3G access and want to put Ubuntu on it and also keep your 3G access, do the following:
- If you haven’t already, set up 3G in ChromeOS and make sure it works.
- Install Ubuntu on an external drive or SD card
- sudo apt-get install wvdial
- Put this in your /etc/wvdial.conf after replacing the XXXs with your phone number that Verizon set up for you. You should have an email from them when you activated their free 100MB/month plan with the number in it.
- Then run sudo wvdial.
- You may have it do it a couple of times before you see pppd do stuff. You can exit out of wvdial, pppd stays running until you kill it.
- I so far cannot get the network configuration GUI to play nice with this, but I’ll let you know if I do.